Each day that goes by means we’re one step closer to being back to whatever kind of normal we can expect. One of those signs is the opening of some places of recreation and Turning Stone is already prepping for their day.
The Oneida Nation’s three casinos in Central New York, which includes our nearby Turning Stone, have set a tentative date of June 10, according to New York Upstate.
Now, of course, when we say that they’ll be opening, it’s not exactly to the extent that it was before. Turning Stone has said that there will be some restrictions once they’re allowed to open.
For one, some casino restaurants will be allowed to open (excluding buffets). They will not yet be holding concerts or other forms of entertainment within their venues. You can expect staff members to be wearing masks, observing social distancing, and sanitizing.
The biggest new rule is that people who are outside of a 120-mile radius from the casino are not yet allowed. Yes, that includes New York City and Buffalo but that also includes parts of Troy and further.
These are the full features of the plan, phase one or Safer Together:
- The casinos will ask guests for identification to enforce the 120-mile distance limit and to aid in contact tracing if that becomes necessary.
- There will be no concerts/shows in Turning Stone’s Showroom, Event Center or Exit 33 venues “until mass gatherings can be offered without undue risk.”
- Face coverings for employees, guests, vendors and the public are required “wherever feasible.” In the case of restaurants, guests will need to wear masks while entering but may take them off after being seated. There will be bags to place them in.
- Gloves will be required for all employees who are working in direct contact with guests, including in all restaurants, at registration desks and on the gaming floors.
- Every employee will have a daily non-invasive thermal temperature check and answer brief survey questions to identify potential exposure to the coronavirus.
- All restaurants and bars will maintain at least six feet of separation between tables. Buffets and other self-service food options will remain closed. There will be no food or beverage service on the gaming floors.
- Enhanced cleaning will be conducted across the casinos. That includes such practices as safe handling of hotel linens and the removal of items like reading materials from rooms.