You know ’em, you love ’em, even though they get stuck in your head. These are the catchiest jingles you didn’t realize you knew all of the words to.
The point of commercial jingles is to be so catchy that the words get stuck in your head and you can’t help but know the business and want to go there. Some of them did better than they ever imagined and years later, years after the business no longer exists, the words haunt us.
- Gaslight Village, Lake George: Sadly, I don’t remember this jingle first-hand but Gaslight Village is legendary. So much so that someone recreated the jingle for YouTube. Though closed in 1989, the name still is a huge part of history.
- Water Slide World, Lake George: If you don’t find this to be the most iconic jingle to ever grace the televisions of the Capital Region, you must not have grown up here. Water Slide World just announced they’re closing but the memories that come with this jingle are forever.
- Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Old Forge: If you don’t automatically end “Enchanted Forest Water Safari” with “Where the fun never stops,” did you even grow up in the Capital Region?
- Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George: This one came to me after I listened to it. Who knew the Great Escape could be so jazzy?
- Saratoga Race Course, Saratoga: You need an iconic jingle for an iconic place, right? Do you remember this one?
Okay, so technically this isn’t a *jingle* but Saratoga Living found this gem and I found it hilarious. You can’t talk commercials without talking Billy Fuccillo, right? Here’s a minute and a half of him just saying “HUUUUUUGE.”