Anything I can add to your to-do list?
- This event has passed.
Tang Teaching Museum Announces Free Public Tours for Fall
November 16 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College welcomes visitors to explore the Museum and exhibitions through guided tours with curators and Tang Guides.
Curator’s Tours are given by exhibition organizers, who work closely with artists and can provide valuable insights. They are often given by members of the Tang’s curatorial staff, as well as with faculty co-curators. Tang Guide Tours are given by members of the Tang’s visitors’ services staff, which includes numerous Skidmore College students, who are trained in various methods of talking about art and interacting with visitors.
- Thursday, September 21, Noon: Curators’ Tour of Unset Texts with Associate Curator Rebecca McNamara and Associate Professor of English Paul Benzon
- Thursday, October 5, Noon: Curator’s Tour of Paula Wilson: Toward the Sky’s Back Door with Associate Curator Rebecca McNamara
- Friday, October 20, 2:30 pm: Celebration Weekend Tour of Paula Wilson: Toward the Sky’s Back Door with Associate Curator Rebecca McNamara, as part of Skidmore College’s Celebration Weekend
- Saturday, October 21, 4 pm: Tour of Forms of Awakening: Selections from the Jack Shear Collection of Himalayan Art with co-curators Benjamin Bogin, Skidmore College Associate Professor of Asian Studies; Rachel Seligman, Tang Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator; and Ariana Maki, Associate Director of the Tibet Center and Bhutan Initiative at the University of Virginia; and exhibiting artist Palden Weinreb. The tour is followed by a public reception in celebration of all fall exhibitions.
- Thursday, November 16, Noon: Curators’ Tour of Forms of Awakening: Selections from the Jack Shear Collection of Himalayan Art with Rachel Seligman, Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator, and Benjamin Bogin, Skidmore College Associate Professor of Asian Studies
- Thursday, December 7, Noon: Behind-The-Scenes Tour of the Tang with Curatorial Assistant Ivy Vuong
TANG GUIDE TOURS
- Sundays, September 10 through December 3, 2 pm: The weekly Tang Guide Tour will be given by members of the Tang Guide staff, which will be announced on the Tang website at https://tang.skidmore.edu
- Friday, October 20, 4 pm: A special Tang Guide Tour will be given as part of Skidmore College’s annual Celebration Weekend.
All tours are free and open to the public. No reservations are required. For more information, contact the Visitors Services Desk at 518-580-8080, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://tang.skidmore.edu.