Gyms are open and now, fitness is back at the plaza!
RoAnn Destito, New York State Office of General Services (OGS) commissioner announced that starting September 1st, Fitness at the Plaza is back, according to the Saratogian.
Fitness at the Plaza, presented by BlueShield of Northeastern New York will run each Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00pm-6:00pm starting September 1st, through November 19th.
Due to new health protocols, participants must preregister at the Empire State Plaza website. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Classes are open to individuals of all ages and fitness levels. They will still be held outside, on the grassy area between Agency buildings 2 and 3, weather permitting. If there’s rain, they will be held at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center.
- Fall Flow Yoga with The Hot Yoga Spot every Tuesday: Join Kiersten for a flowing yoga class designed to keep you balanced and grounded as you transition to the fall season. Participants will grow stronger and more flexible each week with a fun, motivating practice offering yoga pose modifications perfect for all levels of experience.
- Bootcamp with Tanny Pro Fitness every Thursday: These are high-intensity, full-body workout classes for people at all fitness levels. The workouts will target and tone every muscle. Classes will include some bodyweight movements and ab-focused exercises. Participants will get fit and have fun while Tanny cheers them on through each fitness experience.
Under the COVID-19 protocols for Fitness at the Plaza:
- All participants will sign and date a sign-in sheet attesting that the answer is “No” to all the COVID-related screening questions that appear on the sign-in sheet. People unable to answer no to all questions will not be allowed to participate. People can read the questions ahead of time at empirestateplaza.ny.gov.
- Classes are capped at 45 participants.
- Pre-registration is required, and walk-in participants will not be permitted.
- Participants must bring their own exercise mats, water bottles, and towels. No equipment will be provided.
- Participants will be required to wear face coverings unless they are on their exercise mats for an outdoor workout and socially distanced from others.
- Participants will be required to wear face coverings at all times if a class is moved indoors due to inclement weather.
- OGS will follow Reopening New York guidelines for gyms and fitness centers.
- OGS will mark socially distant spaces for exercise mats before each class.
- OGS will provide a hand sanitizing station.