It seems like one of the only forms of entertainment we have during COVID-19 is drive-ins. Well, we may have quite a few more drive-ins to choose from after August.
Walmart has announced that it will be turning some of its Walmart Superstore locations. According to News10, Walmart is teaming up with Tribeca Enterprises and turning 160 of its store parking lots into drive-in movie theaters come August.
Walmart will run the drive-in movies from August until October in the parking lot of their Superstore locations. Based on the announcement on its website, it looks as if Walmart hasn’t announced which locations across the country will become drive-in theaters.
We have quite a lot of options in the Capital Region alone:
- Walmart Supercenter, Scotia
- Walmart Supercenter, Albany inside Crossgates Commons
- Walmart Supercenter, Latham
- Walmart Supercenter, Clifton Park
- Walmart Supercenter, Troy
- Walmart Supercenter, Glenmont
- Walmart Supercenter, East Greenbush
- Walmart Supercenter, Amsterdam
No word on exactly where Walmart is looking but since technically we own the largest Walmart Supercenter in the country (Crossgates Commons), it would be a mistake to overlook us.