Upstate Ice Bars To Explore This Winter 2020
My goal in winter is to find enough things that are entertaining that I completely forget how cold I am and how much I hate snow. Ice bars help with that, here are some coming to the area to check out.
You may still be cold on the outside, but at least you know you’ll warm up on the inside with this list of Upstate ice bars, thanks to New York Upstate.
- Glacier Ice Bar & Lounge at The Sagamore in Bolton Landing: The bar itself is carved out of 20,000 pounds of ice. Alongside that, there’s also ice chairs, ice sculptures, ice benches, ice shot glasses. Yes, it’s cold, but it’s really fun and delicious. This ice bar will run January 24 from 4:00pm-10:00pm, January 25 from noon to 10:00pm, January 31 from 4:00pm-10:00pm, and February 1 from noon to 10:00pm.
- Funky Ice Fest at Adirondack Brewery in Lake George: This year’s theme is classic gaming paired with funk music gives you this ice bar. What makes this different is that there are multiple ice bars, not just one, plus some interactive sculptures. They’ll also have “a 70s dance party, disco balls, Bring-Your-Own-Vinyl, an ice-art gallery, delicious nostalgia-inspired food truck menu” and more. This ice bar will run January 24 from 4:00pm-9:00pm, January 25 from 3:00pm-9:00pm, January 31 from 4:00pm-9:00pm, and February 1 from 3:00pm-9:00pm.
- Forest Ice Bar at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake George: This ice bar will feature specialty cocktails and a beautiful view of the lake. This ice bar will run January 24 from 5:00pm-9:00pm, January 25 from 3:00pm-9:00pm, January 31 from 5:00pm-9:00pm, and February 1 from 3:00pm-9:00pm.
- Fort William Henry Polar Ice Bar in Lake George: The Fort William Henry will not only have ice sculptures but also a fire pit, hot food, and live music. It will run February 7 from 4:00pm-9:00pm and February 8 from noon to 11:00pm.
- Fire & Ice Bar at The Mill on Round Lake: This is the 4th annual ice bar in Round Lake. They will feature ice shuffleboard, ice corn hole, fire pits, and hot chocolate cocktails. It will run Fridays 5:00pm-10:00pm and Saturdays 2:00pm-10:00pm from January 31 to February 15.
- Bailey’s Saratoga Ice Bar: This is one of the few outside of the Lake George area. They’ll have specialty martinis, hot chocolate, ice luges, and live music. It will run February 9 from 4:00pm-11:00pm and February 10 from 1:00pm to close.
- Lake George Beach Club: They have ice luge and two ice pong tables and you can also visit their two newly renovated levels and live music. It will run Saturdays and Sundays through February.