Schenectady Wing Walk 2019
When given the opportunity to eat 22 chicken wings, I jumped on board, then, I realized just how many chicken wings that actually is.
Last weekend in Downtown Schenectady was the annual Wing Walk. I was given the delicious task of going around the downtown area and voting on the best of 22 different wings. Some were better than others and some I wish I could have again.
- 20 North Broadway – Medium Garlic Gouda Wing
- 151 Bar & Restaurant – Spicy Garlic Parm Wing
- 611 Union – Spicy Honey Wing
- Apostrophe Cafe – Guava BBQ Wing
- Backstage Pub – Smoked Caramel Bacon Bourbon Wing
- Bombers Burrito Bar – Medium Lemon Pepper Garlic Wing
- Cafe Coffee – Authentic Southern BBQ Wing
- Canvas, Corks & Forks – Boneless Cheesy Pepperjack Wing with Fall Salsa
- Centre Street – Interdimensional Szechuan Boneless Wing
- The DillyBean – Dill-Constructed Boneless Wing
- Grano – Crispy Orange Ginger Wing
- Hunter’s on Jay – Grilled Brined Lemon Pepper Wing (gf)
- Isopo’s Downtown Pizza – Cherry Bourbon Wing
- Johnny’s Restaurant – “Florabama” Wing”
- Katie O’Byrnes – Trinity Wing
- Mad Jack – Maple Peanut Butter and Honey Sriracha Wing
- Mexican Radio – Raspberry Chipotle Wing
- Nico’s Rooftop Tavern – Spicy Maple Bacon BBQ Wing
- Taj Mahal Restaurant – Mango Tamarind Wing
- Tropical Fever Executive Lounge – Jerk Wing
- Union Inn – Cinnamon Apple Wing
- Ya Ya’s House Southern Cuisine – Original Southern Fried Wing
So many wings, right? Okay, so here’s a quick run-down of my thoughts thinking back. To recap the winners: 20 North won the people’s vote with Backstage and Ya Ya’s shortly behind, Backstage won the judge’s vote overall, Mad Jack won most creative, and 20 North/Grano tied for the best sauce.
I loved Mad Jack’s sauce and I’m so happy they have it on the menu this week because the peanut butter with the honey sriracha is unbelievable. The DillyBean made a chicken salad and waffles which was honestly a great break from all of the wings and was made really well. Katie O’Byrnes made their own sauce which was really impressive and delicious. Last, the fact that I haven’t had Ya Ya’s House Southern Cuisine until this moment is so sad, that fried chicken was everything. Overall, so many wings, but it was a beautiful day and I already can’t wait until next year.