American Red Cross Giving Away Trip to Game of Thrones
I’ll be honest, this isn’t even a little bit local but I find this cool and I’m going to use this as a way to talk about where you can donate blood locally.
Game of Thrones fans, do you want to win a trip to the season 8 premiere of Game of Thrones? American Red Cross sent out a press release announcing a new contest. If you donate blood before March 17th, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win one of five trips to the season 8 world premiere of Game of Thrones.
The trip would include travel for two, up to two nights in a hotel, and $250 for expenses. Also, for extra incentive, if you donate during this month, you get a $10 gift card by email.
As the American Red Cross mentioned in their email: “At age 16-17 depending on state, individuals in generally good health who meet weight and height requirements may become eligible to donate blood. Please review our eligibility requirements as some states require parental consent. When donating, bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of ID.”
Locally, you can always donate blood at the Everett Road Blood Donation Center from 11:30am-7:30pm. You can find and schedule a time that works for you on their website or check out one of these upcoming drives.
- February 26: Cohoes High School (8:00am-1:30pm)
- February 27: Schenectady High School (9:30am-2:30pm)
- February 28: Guilderland High School (7:30am-1:30pm)
- March 1: Great Oaks Office Park Building 100 (9:00am-2:00pm)
- March 2: Colonie Reformed Church of Colonie (9:00am-1:00pm)
- March 4: Holiday Inn Express and Suites (1:00pm-6:00pm)
- March 5: Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing (1:00pm-6:00pm)
- March 7: Schalmont High School (2:30pm-7:30pm)
- March 8: Niskayuna Fire Company (1:00pm-7:00pm)
- March 12: Grand Boulevard Fire Company (1:00pm-7:00pm) & Guilderland Public Library (10:00am-3:00pm) & Albany International Airport (10:00am-3:00pm)
- March 13: Grace Fellowship Halfmoon (1:00pm-6:00pm)
- March 14: Golub Corporation (9:00AM-3:00PM) & Excelsior College (9:00am-2:00pm)
- March 15: Capital District Developmental Disabilities Services Building 4 (9:00am-2:00pm) & Via Port Rotterdam (12:00pm-6:00pm)
- March 16: Guilderland YMCA (8:00am-1:00pm)