Upgrades on Your Favorite Ski Slopes Announced [LIST]
I don’t like to admit that winter is coming but you know it’s true, might as well make the best of it, right? Now, some local mountains are going to make it even better with their newly announced upgrades.
New York is home to 50 ski areas and, according to New York Upstate, we should expect millions of dollars of improvements this winter.
- If Gore Mountain is your choice winter escape, you can expect to see new snowmaking machines. The mountain itself offers 14 lifts, 110 trails, and has been open for more than 80 years. Now, Gore will be improving on their snow which should allow them to keep the mountain open longer. Also, Tannery Pub and Restaurant will also double in size and they’re adding two new groomers.
- West Mountain Ski Area has also announced $3 million in changes including a new ski lift.
- Whiteface Mountain has announced a 25% increase in snowmaking capabilities for key trails, as well as widening and expanding popular trails, and you can also expect a new pump house.
- Belleayre Mountain has added some low energy, high efficiency snowmaking machines and an updated terrain park. They’ve also announced upgrades to the Kids Camp and learning area.
- Hunter Mountain has added about 80 acres of skiable terrain and five new trails offering a new challenge. All of this is easier to get to with their new high-speed six-person lift.
- Windham Mountain has added more ease to skiing with their online upgrades. Skiiers now will be able to reload life tickets online and eliminate paper tickets. Their hope to make the process faster, smoother, lower prices, and shorter lines.
- Catamount Ski Area has a $2 million investment that you will see in a new 7,600 square foot lodge as well as a new ski lift for beginners.