Capital Region Restaurant Rundown [LIST]
I don’t know why but it seems like there’s been a lot of new restaurant news in the Capital Region this week so instead of separating them, I’m gonna give you the Restaurant Rundown so you know what’s new, what’s gone, and what else may be changing.
There’s a lot of great stuff happening in the Capital Region with restaurants. Though it’s always sad to see a restaurant go, it doesn’t open it up to something brand new to try in the area!
- North Greenbush: The Times Union reported that a new Japanese steakhouse is coming to Van Rensselaer Square. You should expect Hanzo Japanese Steakhouse to open this fall
- Troy: Tipsy Moose announced the opening of their Troy location months ago but haven’t really updated the status. They were supposed to open mid-September and Reddit started asking questions. There still isn’t an official date but apparently they ARE still opening, just delayed.
- Colonie: The Albany Rail Yard BBQ restaurant closed in March and in its place, Margarita City was announced. The Times Union is reporting that as of this week, the restaurant is now open!
- Albany: I’ve been following the beautiful construction of Dove + Deer on Instagram and I’m so happy to see that they are open for limited hours to begin with regular hours starting on October 8th, according to the Times Union.
- Troy: Do you miss the days where you can just hang out with friends, away from screens, and just play board games? Then, Bard & Baker is the stop for you! Reddit is reporting that their ribbon cutting is on October 11th.
- Glens Falls: After announcements of delays, Mikado is aiming for an opening this week in the new space, according to the Post Star.