You may remember that I asked a few months ago “Who Has the Best Donut in the Capital Region?” Of course, being that we’re from Upstate New York, we all focused on cider donuts (I mean, they’re the best kind, obviously). So, based on your comments, here’s what you chose.
It’s cider donut season and I’m honestly surprised I haven’t had one yet. Now that’s it’s time, I took a poll of the best donuts places in the area and you did not disappoint.
- Cider Belly (25 N Pearl St, Albany)
- Fo’Castle Farms (166 Kingsley Rd, Burnt Hills)
- Schuyler Bakery (637 3rd Ave, Watervliet)
- Indian Ladder (342 Altamont Rd, Altamont)
- Golden Harvest (3074 U.S. 9, Valatie)
- Bella Napoli (672 New Loudon Rd, Latham/721 River St, Troy)
- Riverview Orchards (660 Riverview Rd, Rexford)
- Lansing’s Farm Market (204 Lisha Kill Rd, Schenectady)
- Saratoga Apple (1174 NY-29, Schuylerville)
Also, I feel I should add to the list:
- Lakeside Farms (336 Schauber Rd, Ballston Lake)
- Yonder Farms (4301 Albany St, Albany)
- Goold Orchards (1297 Brookview Station Rd, Castleton)
- Bowman Orchards (141 Sugar Hill Rd, Rexford)
- Kristy’s Barn (2385 Brookview Rd, Castleton-On-Hudson)
3 thoughts on “You Voted: The Best Cider Donuts in the Capital Region [LIST]”
If you’re out Pittsfield,Mass way stop at Bartlett’s Orchard. Their donuts blow away all the ones I’ve tried around here with the possible exception of Goold’s Orchard on their best day.
Bartlett’s Apple Orchard and Farm Market
Get there before noon or there’s a good chance they’ll be sold out.