New York Fairs: When and Where [MAP]
It seems every summer, there’s a new fair every other weekend and it may be hard to keep straight. Let me help you out, plan your weekends ahead and see which fairs are coming near you and when.
There’s something special about fairs. Something in the air that gets me to eat deep-fried Oreos and drink copious amounts of beer and soda, just because. Thankfully, the NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets broke down all of the county fairs (along with the New York State Fair in Syracuse) in the map below to start adding them to your calendar! If you’re looking to focus more locally, here are the fairs you can expect here in the Capital Region.
- Clinton County Fair: July 8th-15th
- Saratoga County Fair: July 18th-23rd
- Ulster County Fair: August 1st-6th
- Erie County Fair: August 9th-20th
- Altamont Fair: August 15th-20th
- Essex County Fair: August 16th-20th
- Dutchess County Fair: August 22nd-27th
- NYS Fair: August 23rd-September 4th
- Fonda County Fair: August 30th-September 4th
- Columbia County Fair: August 30th-September 4th
- Schaghticoke Fair: August 30-September 4th