Saratoga Brewfest- Breweries Announced!
I don’t hide it very much but I like beer. Honestly, I just like the opportunity to go to one place and try a bunch of things for one price. That’s how I feel about Saratoga Brewfest.
You show up at the historical Saratoga Race Course and are surrounded by a ton of different kinds of drinks to try. There are local beers, local ciders and some that may not be as local but the names are still familiar to you.
The 7th Annual Saratoga Brewfest will be at the Saratoga Race Course on Saturday, May 20th from 2:00PM-5:00PM, unless you want a little more time with the VIP experience, then you’re welcome to come in from 1:00PM-5:00PM. The general admission ($45) includes the 3 hours of sampling and a souvenir drinking glass. The VIP admission ($65) includes an extra hour, the same drinking glass, commemorative hat and food voucher. Parking is free.
It’s a great time with a lot of people but still plenty of space to move around, a line or two but nothing you have to wait in longer than a couple of minutes, picnic tables to sit down at to enjoy your beverages, and live local music to set the mood. If you get hungry, there are a few food vendors there to choose from (I had a doughboy or two from Esperanto last year). One recommendation I have for you though: make a pretzel necklace, you’ll thank me later. They’re genius and allowed!
Which of your local favorites can you find this year?
- Adirondack Brewery (Lake George)
- Artisanal Brew Works (Saratoga)
- Battle Hill Brewing Company (Fort Ann)
- Brewery Ommegang (Cooperstown)
- Brown’s Brewing Company (Troy)
- Common Roots Brewing Company (South Glens Falls)
- Davidson Brothers (Glens Falls)
- Druthers Brewing Company (Saratoga)
- Mad Jack Brewing Co (Schenectady)
- Olde Saratoga Brewing Company (Saratoga)
- Shmaltz Brewing Company (Clifton Park)
- Steadfast Beer Co (Albany)
- Wolf Hollow Brewing Company (Glenville)